Jolie plays spy, but plays down spy scandal
MOSCOW (AP) - July 25, 2010 -- Even though Angelina Jolie plays a suspected Russian sleeper agent in her latest movie, in real life she thinks U.S.-Russian relations are going well.
Jolie was in Moscow for the Russian premiere of the movie "Salt" on Sunday, just a few weeks after 10 Russian sleeper agents were expelled from the United States in exchange for four Russians accused of spying for the West.
She tells reporters at the Oktyabrskaya theater, "you don't want to focus on the negative behind this issue of the spy swap because I think that what is happening between our countries is wonderful these days, so many positive movements forward."
Fans waited hours in 35 degree Celsius (95 Fahrenheit) heat outside the theater to get a glimpse of the star, who wore a scarlet gown with deep cleavage.
angelina jolie, movies, germany, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 13 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 8 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
13 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
8 min ago
- Police push burning car in New Hampshire
22 min ago