Jolie plays spy, but plays down spy scandal
MOSCOW (AP) - July 25, 2010 -- Even though Angelina Jolie plays a suspected Russian sleeper agent in her latest movie, in real life she thinks U.S.-Russian relations are going well.
Jolie was in Moscow for the Russian premiere of the movie "Salt" on Sunday, just a few weeks after 10 Russian sleeper agents were expelled from the United States in exchange for four Russians accused of spying for the West.
She tells reporters at the Oktyabrskaya theater, "you don't want to focus on the negative behind this issue of the spy swap because I think that what is happening between our countries is wonderful these days, so many positive movements forward."
Fans waited hours in 35 degree Celsius (95 Fahrenheit) heat outside the theater to get a glimpse of the star, who wore a scarlet gown with deep cleavage.
angelina jolie, movies, germany, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 49 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
49 min ago