Angelina Jolie says Pitt is 'wonderful father'
TOKYO (AP) - July 27, 2010 -- Actress Angelina Jolie, in Tokyo for the weekend opening of action thriller "Salt," brushed off rumors about her shaky relations with Brad Pitt.
"He was just a wonderful father," she said Tuesday of Pitt, during work on the film, in which she plays a tough spy. He often brought the children to the set, she recalled.
"They played with fake blood, and they found mommy very strange in her different hair," she said.
Pitt and Jolie have been partners since they began a relationship while working on the 2005 film "Mr. & Mrs. Smith." They are raising six children.
Last week, Pitt and Jolie accepted undisclosed damages in London's High Court to settle a privacy claim against a British tabloid that had reported in January that they were planning to split.
Asked about her ability to work and maintain a happy family, Jolie told reporters at a Tokyo hotel: "Brad is the word that makes it possible."
Jolie, who arrived Monday, brought four of the children along on the Japan trip. They have already spent some time shopping for toys inspired by Japanese director Hayao Miyazaki's animation characters Ponyo and Totoro, she said.
Jolie, 35, acknowledged she once surprised her 8-year-old son Maddox with her disguise as a male naval officer in "Salt."
He came into the room and reluctantly shook hands with the person he didn't know was his mother.
"And I said, 'Honey, it's mommy,"' Jolie said.
"I think I freaked him out," she said with a laugh, adding that he then watched her peel off her fake ears, hands and nose.
"I play these roles, but I'm always in every minute their mom first," she said. "I'm a bit of a goofy. I'm funny at home, I think."
Her children aren't going to be seeing the movie, though.
"I think it's very hard for them to see someone trying to kill their mom, even if she wins," she said.
angelina jolie, brad pitt, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 6 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 41 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 6 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 13 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 30 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos