Gibson's ex-girlfriend urges him `tell the truth'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - July 30, 2010 -- Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend says she's the victim of a "smear campaign" and never tried to extort money from the Oscar-winning star.
In a video interview posted Friday on RadarOnline.com, Oksana Grigorieva says she's been "victimized all over again" by speaking out about her troubles with Gibson. She accuses him of "trivializing domestic violence" and urges him to "tell the truth."
The Russian singer and mother of Gibson's youngest child says the now-infamous tapes allegedly of the filmmaker threatening Grigorieva were all recorded on one night, and that she recorded the calls because she feared for her life.
Gibson met with sheriff's detectives last week to discuss his claims of extortion against his ex. The sheriff's department is also investigating claims by Grigorieva that Gibson abused her during a January confrontation.
mel gibson, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Mug shot released of McNabb after DUI arrest 1 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 9 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 32 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
4 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
32 min ago