Michaels, Morales set to co-host 'Miss Universe'
NEW YORK (AP) - August 3, 2010 -- Rocker Bret Michaels and TV correspondent Natalie Morales are hosting this year's Miss Universe Pageant.
The Miss Universe Organization announced Tuesday that Michaels, the musician and reality TV star, and Morales, who reports for NBC's "Today," will be presiding when the pageant airs live from Las Vegas on August 23 on NBC.
The two-hour special will gather contestants representing more than 80 countries. They will compete in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview.
Michaels was seen this spring as a contestant himself, emerging as the winner of NBC's reality competition "The Celebrity Apprentice."
bret michaels, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash