Ala. native Courtney Cox to do beach spot
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - August 5, 2010 -- Birmingham, Ala.-born actress Courteney Cox will do an ad touting the state's beaches that were hit by oil from the Gulf spill.
Lee Sentell, director of the Alabama Tourism Department, said Thursday that the 46-year-old former "Friends" star will make a public service announcement once she completes her latest film project, "Scream 4." She is starring in ABC's "Cougar Town," for which she earned a Golden Globe nomination.
Sentell says the plan is for the actress to share memories of going to Gulf Shores.
Sentell says the spot is expected to air after Alabama beaches are deemed completely clear of oil from the BP spill and before next spring.
He says by next spring, beach ads won't mention oil.
alabama, courtney cox, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states 4 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 win over Reds 40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos