Ala. native Courtney Cox to do beach spot
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - August 5, 2010 -- Birmingham, Ala.-born actress Courteney Cox will do an ad touting the state's beaches that were hit by oil from the Gulf spill.
Lee Sentell, director of the Alabama Tourism Department, said Thursday that the 46-year-old former "Friends" star will make a public service announcement once she completes her latest film project, "Scream 4." She is starring in ABC's "Cougar Town," for which she earned a Golden Globe nomination.
Sentell says the plan is for the actress to share memories of going to Gulf Shores.
Sentell says the spot is expected to air after Alabama beaches are deemed completely clear of oil from the BP spill and before next spring.
He says by next spring, beach ads won't mention oil.
alabama, courtney cox, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos