Ala. native Courtney Cox to do beach spot
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - August 5, 2010 -- Birmingham, Ala.-born actress Courteney Cox will do an ad touting the state's beaches that were hit by oil from the Gulf spill.
Lee Sentell, director of the Alabama Tourism Department, said Thursday that the 46-year-old former "Friends" star will make a public service announcement once she completes her latest film project, "Scream 4." She is starring in ABC's "Cougar Town," for which she earned a Golden Globe nomination.
Sentell says the plan is for the actress to share memories of going to Gulf Shores.
Sentell says the spot is expected to air after Alabama beaches are deemed completely clear of oil from the BP spill and before next spring.
He says by next spring, beach ads won't mention oil.
alabama, courtney cox, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash