Judge grants Sandra Bullock restraining order
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 6, 2010 -- A judge granted Sandra Bullock a three-year restraining order Friday against a man who has a history of stalking her and allegedly traveled cross-country to try to meet the actress after being released from a mental hospital.
Thomas James Weldon was ordered to refrain from trying to contact the actress or Louis Bardo Bullock, an infant boy the Academy Award-winner is in the process of adopting.
The restraining order also protects the children of Bullock's ex-husband Jesse James. The children occasionally stay with the actress.
Bullock first obtained a restraining order against Weldon in 2003. The order was extended but expired last year because Weldon was being held in a Tennessee mental hospital.
After his release earlier this year, he traveled to Wyoming in an alleged attempt to meet the actress, according to Bullock's attorney Ed McPherson.
Weldon was committed indefinitely to a state mental hospital in Wyoming on Tuesday.
"It's obvious that this fixation on her has not changed despite seven years in the hospital in Tennessee," McPherson said.
Bullock did not attend Friday's hearing.
sandra bullock, jesse james, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 42 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 18 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
42 min ago