Bodyguard says Anna Nicole's boyfriend gave drugs
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 6, 2010 -- Anna Nicole Smith's bodyguard says he saw her boyfriend and a psychiatrist supply the former Playboy model with drugs as she slipped into addiction in the year before her death.
Maurice Brighthaupt - one of the last people to see Smith alive - testified Friday in the trial of Howard K. Stern and two doctors accused of conspiring to supply Smith with massive amounts of drugs, including powerful sedatives and painkillers.
They are not charged with causing her 2007 overdose death.
Brighthaupt says Smith popped pills for years. He says she fell into a depression following the 2006 death of her son and began taking 20 pills at a time and spending most of her time sleeping.
Brighthaupt says Stern sometimes gave her the pills and he once saw Smith's psychiatrist provide Smith with chloral hydrate.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 4 min ago
- Turning Milder 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 6 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
4 min ago