'Jersey Shore' introduces new cast member
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - August 6, 2010 -- Snooki has a new roommate.
Deena Nicole Cortese, a 23-year-old New Jersey native, has joined the cast of "Jersey Shore."
Her addition to the show's gang of hard-partying twentysomethings was announced at a Friday meeting of the Television Critics Association. She had widely been rumored to have joined the MTV reality TV series since production on new episodes began last month in Seaside Heights, N.J.
"I bring a lot of energy to the house," said Cortese. "All I want to do is play games and have a good time."
Cortese joins original cast members Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, Jenni "J-Woww" Farley, Ronnie Magro, Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola, Pauly Del Vecchio and Vinny Guadagnino. The show's second season, set in Miami's South Beach, is currently airing on MTV.
Cortese, who knew Snooki before joining the show, said she was "a little nervous" about moving in with the "Jersey Shore" cast members but now considers them family.
new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose