'Jersey Shore' introduces new cast member
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - August 6, 2010 -- Snooki has a new roommate.
Deena Nicole Cortese, a 23-year-old New Jersey native, has joined the cast of "Jersey Shore."
Her addition to the show's gang of hard-partying twentysomethings was announced at a Friday meeting of the Television Critics Association. She had widely been rumored to have joined the MTV reality TV series since production on new episodes began last month in Seaside Heights, N.J.
"I bring a lot of energy to the house," said Cortese. "All I want to do is play games and have a good time."
Cortese joins original cast members Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi, Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino, Jenni "J-Woww" Farley, Ronnie Magro, Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola, Pauly Del Vecchio and Vinny Guadagnino. The show's second season, set in Miami's South Beach, is currently airing on MTV.
Cortese, who knew Snooki before joining the show, said she was "a little nervous" about moving in with the "Jersey Shore" cast members but now considers them family.
new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs