Hair extension maker sues Paris Hilton in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 11, 2010 -- Paris Hilton is being sued for allegedly wearing someone else's hair.
A company that manufactures hair extensions sued the socialite in Los Angeles on Wednesday, claiming she breached her contract to wear and promote their product. The lawsuit claims Hilton agreed to wear Hairtech International Inc.'s extensions, but sported the fake locks of a competitor in 2008.
The lawsuit seeks $35 million in damages - 10 times what she was apparently paid under the contract. The filing also claims Hilton missed a launch party for the hair extension line because she was serving a stint in jail in 2007.
Phone and e-mail messages to Hilton's publicist Dawn Miller were not immediately returned.
paris hilton, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 3 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
4 min ago
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos