Hair extension maker sues Paris Hilton in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 11, 2010 -- Paris Hilton is being sued for allegedly wearing someone else's hair.
A company that manufactures hair extensions sued the socialite in Los Angeles on Wednesday, claiming she breached her contract to wear and promote their product. The lawsuit claims Hilton agreed to wear Hairtech International Inc.'s extensions, but sported the fake locks of a competitor in 2008.
The lawsuit seeks $35 million in damages - 10 times what she was apparently paid under the contract. The filing also claims Hilton missed a launch party for the hair extension line because she was serving a stint in jail in 2007.
Phone and e-mail messages to Hilton's publicist Dawn Miller were not immediately returned.
paris hilton, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man