NJ's Lautenberg to hold fundraiser with Lady Gaga
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - August 13, 2010 -- Sen. Frank Lautenberg is going gaga. Lady Gaga, that is.
The nation's oldest senator will hold a fundraiser at the pop singer's Monster Ball Tour at the Verizon Center in Washington on Sept 7.
The Washington Post reports the 86-year-old New Jersey Democrat is offering seats in a private suite for $2,500 a person for political action committees and $2,400 for individuals.
An aide says the fundraiser was Lautenberg's idea. The senator and his wife celebrated his 86th birthday in January at a Gaga show at New York's Radio City Music Hall.
Lautenberg was hospitalized Feb. 15 after falling at his home and was treated for a bleeding ulcer. B-cell lymphoma was found in his stomach four days later.
He announced in June he was cancer-free after six rounds of chemotherapy.
lady gaga, sen. frank lautenberg, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 57 min ago
- Turning Milder 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
57 min ago