NJ's Lautenberg to hold fundraiser with Lady Gaga
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - August 13, 2010 -- Sen. Frank Lautenberg is going gaga. Lady Gaga, that is.
The nation's oldest senator will hold a fundraiser at the pop singer's Monster Ball Tour at the Verizon Center in Washington on Sept 7.
The Washington Post reports the 86-year-old New Jersey Democrat is offering seats in a private suite for $2,500 a person for political action committees and $2,400 for individuals.
An aide says the fundraiser was Lautenberg's idea. The senator and his wife celebrated his 86th birthday in January at a Gaga show at New York's Radio City Music Hall.
Lautenberg was hospitalized Feb. 15 after falling at his home and was treated for a bleeding ulcer. B-cell lymphoma was found in his stomach four days later.
He announced in June he was cancer-free after six rounds of chemotherapy.
lady gaga, sen. frank lautenberg, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos