Popcorn? Licorice? Blood? Bedbugs hit NYC theaters
NEW YORK (AP) - August 18, 2010 -- Bedbugs have attacked a popular movie theater in Times Square as New York battles the persistent pests.
The AMC Empire 25 in Times Square was sprayed overnight and reopened Wednesday. A guest at the AMC Magic Johnson Harlem 9 theater also reported a bite in late July.
Spokesman Justin Scott says all AMC theaters in Manhattan have been inspected. He says the chain takes every report seriously and acts to ensure the health of guests and employees.
Bedbugs were found in two seats at the Empire 25 during an Aug. 3 inspection, and a guest reported being bitten this past weekend. Pest control experts were called, the seats were removed and new ones were installed.
Bedbugs also have been found in several New York stores. City officials have instituted plans to fight the infestations.
new york city, bedbugs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 30 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ