AP Source: Tyler says he'll be an 'Idol' judge
NEW YORK (AP) - August 18, 2010 -- A source close to Steven Tyler says the Aerosmith frontman told the source he will be a judge on Fox's "American Idol" next season.
While an official announcement about Tyler has yet to come from Fox and the producers of the top-rated show, the source told The Associated Press on Wednesday, "there is no reason to refute" Tyler's account. The source spoke only on the condition of anonymity because the source was not authorized to comment publicly on the matter.
Fox and producers FreemantleMedia North America and 19 Entertainment had no comment on the report.
The "Idol" judging panel has been in flux with the departure of mainstay Simon Cowell, as well as Ellen DeGeneres' recent announcement that she would not return for a second season.
american idol, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs