AP Source: Tyler says he'll be an 'Idol' judge
NEW YORK (AP) - August 18, 2010 -- A source close to Steven Tyler says the Aerosmith frontman told the source he will be a judge on Fox's "American Idol" next season.
While an official announcement about Tyler has yet to come from Fox and the producers of the top-rated show, the source told The Associated Press on Wednesday, "there is no reason to refute" Tyler's account. The source spoke only on the condition of anonymity because the source was not authorized to comment publicly on the matter.
Fox and producers FreemantleMedia North America and 19 Entertainment had no comment on the report.
The "Idol" judging panel has been in flux with the departure of mainstay Simon Cowell, as well as Ellen DeGeneres' recent announcement that she would not return for a second season.
american idol, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 24 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 51 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 10 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos