Mel Gibson unhurt in single-car Malibu crash
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 16, 2010 -- Mel Gibson was uninjured after crashing his sports car into a Malibu hillside, the California Highway Patrol said.
Mel Gibson's 2008 Maserati careened off southbound Malibu Canyon Road on Sunday evening, the agency said.
Gibson's spokesman Alan Nierob said in an e-mail the actor-director was doing fine.
The 54-year-old Academy Award winner was alone in the car. Authorities do not suspect alcohol was involved.
Gibson cooperated with the agency and was picked up from the scene by a friend. The CHP did not release any further details, and it was unclear how much damage Gibson's car sustained.
It's been a rough couple of months for Gibson, who is locked in a bitter custody dispute over his infant daughter with Russian singer Oksana Grigorieva. He also remained under investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department for an alleged assault on Grigorieva earlier this year, although he has not been arrested and no charges have been filed.
Grigorieva, 40, is also under investigation after Gibson accused her of attempting to extort him. She has denied the allegation.
mel gibson, accident, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Recent prostitution arrests in Philadelphia 20 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter 7 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 10 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
3 min ago
- Firefighters battle 3-alarm blaze in...
1 min ago