Mel Gibson unhurt in single-car Malibu crash
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 16, 2010 -- Mel Gibson was uninjured after crashing his sports car into a Malibu hillside, the California Highway Patrol said.
Mel Gibson's 2008 Maserati careened off southbound Malibu Canyon Road on Sunday evening, the agency said.
Gibson's spokesman Alan Nierob said in an e-mail the actor-director was doing fine.
The 54-year-old Academy Award winner was alone in the car. Authorities do not suspect alcohol was involved.
Gibson cooperated with the agency and was picked up from the scene by a friend. The CHP did not release any further details, and it was unclear how much damage Gibson's car sustained.
It's been a rough couple of months for Gibson, who is locked in a bitter custody dispute over his infant daughter with Russian singer Oksana Grigorieva. He also remained under investigation by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department for an alleged assault on Grigorieva earlier this year, although he has not been arrested and no charges have been filed.
Grigorieva, 40, is also under investigation after Gibson accused her of attempting to extort him. She has denied the allegation.
mel gibson, accident, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad