Mel Gibson's ex arrives for custody hearing in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 18, 2010 -- Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva is in a Los Angeles courtroom for a custody hearing over the former couple's infant daughter.
The 40-year-old arrived for a hearing Wednesday morning flanked by deputies.
Gibson has not been seen at the hearing.
It is the first time that either Gibson or the Russian singer have appeared in a custody case that by law is closed to the public. A summary posted outside the courtroom indicated that attorneys would argue a motion to seize the passport of the former couple's 9-month-old daughter.
Although the couple reached a confidential custody agreement months ago, attorneys for both sides have held repeated hearings in a case that was later launched. The attorneys have declined to comment on the case.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos