Birkhead returns to stand at Anna Nicole trial
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 23, 2010 -- The man who fathered Anna Nicole Smith's daughter is taking the witness stand again in the drug conspiracy trial of her boyfriend and doctors.
Larry Birkhead is scheduled to resume testimony Monday in Los Angeles. He told jurors last week that Smith suffered from seizures and other ailments. Birkhead also testified that he thinks Smith exhibited loopy behavior during a 2004 awards show appearance and he believes drugs were partly to blame.
Smith's boyfriend, Howard K. Stern, and two doctors have pleaded not guilty to conspiring to provide the former Playboy model with massive doses of opiates and sedatives.
They aren't accused of causing her 2007 overdose death.
anna nicole smith, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man