Birkhead returns to stand at Anna Nicole trial
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 23, 2010 -- The man who fathered Anna Nicole Smith's daughter is taking the witness stand again in the drug conspiracy trial of her boyfriend and doctors.
Larry Birkhead is scheduled to resume testimony Monday in Los Angeles. He told jurors last week that Smith suffered from seizures and other ailments. Birkhead also testified that he thinks Smith exhibited loopy behavior during a 2004 awards show appearance and he believes drugs were partly to blame.
Smith's boyfriend, Howard K. Stern, and two doctors have pleaded not guilty to conspiring to provide the former Playboy model with massive doses of opiates and sedatives.
They aren't accused of causing her 2007 overdose death.
anna nicole smith, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- At least 11 hurt in large East Harlem explosion 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 40 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 17 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death