Birkhead returns to stand at Anna Nicole trial
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 23, 2010 -- The man who fathered Anna Nicole Smith's daughter is taking the witness stand again in the drug conspiracy trial of her boyfriend and doctors.
Larry Birkhead is scheduled to resume testimony Monday in Los Angeles. He told jurors last week that Smith suffered from seizures and other ailments. Birkhead also testified that he thinks Smith exhibited loopy behavior during a 2004 awards show appearance and he believes drugs were partly to blame.
Smith's boyfriend, Howard K. Stern, and two doctors have pleaded not guilty to conspiring to provide the former Playboy model with massive doses of opiates and sedatives.
They aren't accused of causing her 2007 overdose death.
anna nicole smith, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 1 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes 37 min ago
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
57 min ago
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
37 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
1 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos