Susan Boyle to sing for the pope during UK tour
LONDON (AP) - August 25, 2010 -- British singing sensation Susan Boyle says she is humbled and honored by the opportunity to sing for Pope Benedict XVI during his tour of Britain.
The Roman Catholic Church says the singer will perform hymns and sing with an 800-strong choir at an open-air papal Mass in Glasgow's Bellahouston Park on Sept. 16. Benedict's four-day trip will be the first papal visit to Britain since Pope John Paul II in 1982.
Boyle will also sing "I Dreamed A Dream," the "Les Miserables" song that catapulted her to fame on the TV show "Britain's Got Talent." Her rendition of the song has been viewed millions of times on the Internet.
She told Scotland's The Daily Record newspaper on Wednesday that the invitation to sing for the pope is "my greatest dream come true."
susan boyle, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house 54 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 50 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos