Judge: Chris Brown doing 'great job' on probation
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 26, 2010 -- A judge says Chris Brown is doing a "great job" completing the terms of his probation after pleading guilty to assaulting ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
Brown appeared Thursday for a brief hearing in Los Angeles.
Superior Court Judge Patricia Schnegg noted Brown had received positive reports from domestic violence counselors and the Richmond, Va., police chief overseeing his community service work.
The 21-year-old Brown did not speak during the hearing. He must return to court Nov. 18 for another status hearing.
Brown was sentenced last year to perform six months of community labor and serve five years probation. He pleaded guilty to assaulting Rihanna in a rented sports car after a pre-Grammy party.
chris brown, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 17 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 6 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 19 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 11 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 58 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
19 min ago