Mayor: JLo, Anthony want to build PR film studio
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) - August 26, 2010 -- A Puerto Rican mayor says husband-and-wife pop stars Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony hope to transform his northeast coastal city into the Hollywood of the Caribbean.
Fajardo Mayor Anibal Melendez said Thursday that the singer-actors - both born in New York to Puerto Rican families - want to build a state-of-the-art soundstage in Fajardo to attract more A-list movies and TV shows to the U.S. island.
Melendez says the proposal for Fajardo is still in its infancy. But he said Lopez and Anthony voiced "a lot of enthusiasm" for the project when he met with them recently in Miami.
Publicists for the couple decline comment.
In 2006, Lopez and Anthony teamed up for a movie on Puerto Rican salsa legend Hector Lavoe.
jennifer lopez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 25 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ 31 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 50 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 53 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
31 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on bitter cold...
42 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year';...
50 min ago