Mayor: JLo, Anthony want to build PR film studio
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) - August 26, 2010 -- A Puerto Rican mayor says husband-and-wife pop stars Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony hope to transform his northeast coastal city into the Hollywood of the Caribbean.
Fajardo Mayor Anibal Melendez said Thursday that the singer-actors - both born in New York to Puerto Rican families - want to build a state-of-the-art soundstage in Fajardo to attract more A-list movies and TV shows to the U.S. island.
Melendez says the proposal for Fajardo is still in its infancy. But he said Lopez and Anthony voiced "a lot of enthusiasm" for the project when he met with them recently in Miami.
Publicists for the couple decline comment.
In 2006, Lopez and Anthony teamed up for a movie on Puerto Rican salsa legend Hector Lavoe.
jennifer lopez, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 23 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia