Yankees, Jay-Z team up on co-branded merchandise
NEW YORK (AP) - August 27, 2010 -- Get your New York Yankees hats here - with a Jay-Z logo.
The hip-hop mogul is teaming up with his favorite baseball squad on co-branded clothes that will be sold exclusively at Yankee Stadium beginning next week. All the items, from baseball caps to T-shirts and hooded sweat shirts, will feature Yankees and Jay-Z logos.
In a news release Thursday, the Yankees said the attire was created to commemorate the first official concerts at the new Yankee Stadium on Sept. 13 and 14, when Jay-Z and Eminem will co-headline.
The shows mark the second half of their "Home and Home" tour, following joint performances at Detroit's Comerica Park on Sept. 3 and Sept. 4.
The new merchandise will be available at Yankee Stadium from Aug. 30 to Sept. 14.
jay z, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?