Hilton banned from Wynn resorts after Vegas arrest
LAS VEGAS (AP) - September 1, 2010 -- Paris Hilton was banned Wednesday from two Wynn resorts on the Las Vegas Strip, and her boyfriend was dismissed as a nightclub partner following their arrests in a vehicle that police said reeked of marijuana.
Wynn Resorts Ltd. spokeswoman Jennifer Dunne told The Associated Press that Hilton is barred from Wynn Las Vegas and Encore.
Meanwhile, boyfriend Cy Waits was "separated" from his job after less than a week as top managing partner of the Tryst Nightclub at Wynn and XS The Nightclub at Encore, Dunne said in a statement.
Waits, his lawyer and a lawyer and publicist for the 29-year-old Hilton did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
The moves come after Hilton was arrested Friday for investigation of felony cocaine possession. Waits was arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Charges have not yet been filed.
Hilton was arrested inside the Wynn resort, where a police lieutenant reported a small plastic bag containing 0.8 grams of cocaine fell into his hand when Hilton reached for a tube of lip balm in a purse.
The celebrity socialite is scheduled for arraignment Oct. 27 and would face probation if convicted.
A police report made public Wednesday said the suspected butt of a marijuana cigarette was found in the Cadillac Escalade in which the couple was stopped in front of the Wynn Las Vegas hotel-casino.
Waits, 34, was driving. He had bloodshot eyes, smelled of alcohol and wobbled as he failed two field sobriety tests, the arresting officer said.
Waits allowed blood to be drawn when he was booked into the Clark County jail in downtown Las Vegas, Officer Bill Cassell said. Results won't be released until the case reaches court.
Waits spent a night in jail on suspicion of misdemeanor driving under the influence before being freed on $2,000 bail with a Nov. 29 court date.
Dunne said Waits' twin brother, Jesse Waits, is continuing as general partner of the Wynn resorts' Tryst and XS clubs.
The brothers were hired by Steve Wynn five years ago and became the casino owner's top club managers last week when Wynn bought out Victor Drai.
Associated Press Writer Oskar Garcia contributed to this report.
las vegas, nevada, paris hilton, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 30 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 50 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 7 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
30 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
25 min ago