Diddy: Hit with age discrimination lawsuit
NEW YORK (AP) - September 2, 2010 -- He may be known for throwing a white party every now and then. But a lawsuit filed against Diddy claims the rap entrepreneur isn't too down with gray.
A New York woman has sued Diddy, saying he fired her because of her age.
Francesca Spero is 51. And she says she got the ax two decades after helping Diddy launch his career.
Spero claims in her lawsuit that she introduced Diddy to Russell Simmons and Uptown Records. She worked as an executive with Diddy's Bad Boy Entertainment label for 12 years before being fired in March.
The lawsuit claims Spero was let go after having hip surgery and after letting on to an executive she had a relapse of a drug dependency problem.
A publicist for Diddy says there are "many reasons" why Spero is no longer working for Bad Boy - but that age discrimination isn't one of them.
sean puffy combs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 25 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool