Diddy: Hit with age discrimination lawsuit
NEW YORK (AP) - September 2, 2010 -- He may be known for throwing a white party every now and then. But a lawsuit filed against Diddy claims the rap entrepreneur isn't too down with gray.
A New York woman has sued Diddy, saying he fired her because of her age.
Francesca Spero is 51. And she says she got the ax two decades after helping Diddy launch his career.
Spero claims in her lawsuit that she introduced Diddy to Russell Simmons and Uptown Records. She worked as an executive with Diddy's Bad Boy Entertainment label for 12 years before being fired in March.
The lawsuit claims Spero was let go after having hip surgery and after letting on to an executive she had a relapse of a drug dependency problem.
A publicist for Diddy says there are "many reasons" why Spero is no longer working for Bad Boy - but that age discrimination isn't one of them.
sean puffy combs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 14 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
41 min ago