Deputy who arrested Mel Gibson sues own department
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 7, 2010 -- The Los Angeles sheriff's deputy who arrested Mel Gibson for drunken driving in 2006 has sued his department, claiming he has been ostracized by the department since the incident.
Deputy James Mee sued the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department on Monday.
The lawsuit claims the department discriminated against Mee, who is Jewish, on numerous occasions since Gibson's arrest. His filing states he was required to remove references anti-Semitic slurs uttered by the actor-director and has been repeatedly passed over for promotions in the agency.
Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore denied the lawsuit's allegations and says it does not tell the whole story.
The lawsuit's filing was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.com.
mel gibson, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man killed in front of Rita's Water Ice in West Oak Lane 17 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Video: Philly's new skateboard park opens
- Kellie Pickler named new DWTS champ