Deputy who arrested Mel Gibson sues own department
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 7, 2010 -- The Los Angeles sheriff's deputy who arrested Mel Gibson for drunken driving in 2006 has sued his department, claiming he has been ostracized by the department since the incident.
Deputy James Mee sued the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department on Monday.
The lawsuit claims the department discriminated against Mee, who is Jewish, on numerous occasions since Gibson's arrest. His filing states he was required to remove references anti-Semitic slurs uttered by the actor-director and has been repeatedly passed over for promotions in the agency.
Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore denied the lawsuit's allegations and says it does not tell the whole story.
The lawsuit's filing was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.com.
mel gibson, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack 39 min ago
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ 45 min ago
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
45 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on bitter cold...
56 min ago