Deputy who arrested Mel Gibson sues own department
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 7, 2010 -- The Los Angeles sheriff's deputy who arrested Mel Gibson for drunken driving in 2006 has sued his department, claiming he has been ostracized by the department since the incident.
Deputy James Mee sued the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department on Monday.
The lawsuit claims the department discriminated against Mee, who is Jewish, on numerous occasions since Gibson's arrest. His filing states he was required to remove references anti-Semitic slurs uttered by the actor-director and has been repeatedly passed over for promotions in the agency.
Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore denied the lawsuit's allegations and says it does not tell the whole story.
The lawsuit's filing was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.com.
mel gibson, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 54 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 31 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 23 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 27 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 16 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
18 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
36 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
33 min ago