Britain's Prince Harry celebrates 26th birthday
LONDON (AP) - September 15, 2010 -- Prince Harry is 26 - and like many 20-somethings, he is working on his birthday.
The redheaded Harry, known in the military as Lt. Harry Wales, is in training to become an Apache attack helicopter pilot in Britain's Army Air Corps. He began an eight-month course in July and has repeatedly said he hopes to get back to the front lines in Afghanistan.
Harry served as a battlefield air controller in the country's restive southern Helmand province during a secret 10-week tour in 2007 and 2008.
A spokeswoman in Harry's office at St. James' Palace said Wednesday the prince would be continuing his training on his birthday.
Harry is the younger son of Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales, and third in line to the British throne.
prince harry, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man