`American Idol' opens new auditions on MySpace
LOS ANGELES (AP) -September 15, 2010 -- The first online auditions for "American Idol" are open.
To mark the Fox TV show's 10th anniversary, hopeful pop stars have the chance to submit an audition video on MySpace through Oct. 6.
Fox said Wednesday the entries must be no longer than 40 seconds and chosen from a list of songs posted online, along with other audition guidelines. A "select number" of people will move on to a tryout in Los Angeles, the network said.
In 2007, "American Idol" staged its first online contest, this one for songwriters.
The show's next season starts in January and will feature a revamped judging panel. Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are the front-runners to join Randy Jackson.
american idol, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases