'Idol' contestant Adam Lambert accused of battery
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - September 17, 2010 -- Former American Idol contestant Adam Lambert is accused of simple battery on a photographer on Miami Beach.
A police report says 38-year-old Victor Eras was taking pictures of the singer Thursday when Lambert started running toward him "in an aggressive manner."
Eras claims Lambert grabbed his back pack and wrestled him to the ground. The photographer did not suffer any injuries. He declined to comment to The Associated Press on Friday.
No arrests were made. A police spokesman says there will not be an investigation. The state attorney's office will review the report and decide if any charges will be filed. TMZ first reported the alleged attack.
Lambert's publicist did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
adam lambert, american idol, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ