Fire destroys Ricki Lake's beachfront home.
MALIBU, CALIFORNIA - September 20,2010 -- The actress and former talk show host escaped unharmed.
Authorities say Ricki Lake's beachfront rental home in Malibu has burned down.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials say deputies answering a 911 call Saturday found the 41-year-old actress and talk show host, her two sons and their dog standing safely outside.
Firefighters put out the blaze in 20 minutes, but the home was destroyed.
Sheriff's Lt. Rich Erickson tells the Los Angeles Times that a couch caught fire when Lake was refueling a portable heater.
The blaze shut down a stretch of the Pacific Coast Highway for 90 minutes.
Lake starred in the movie "Hairspray" and later hosted a daytime talk show.
She has recently become an advocate for home birth, co-writing a book and producing a film on the subject.
california, fire, ricki lake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 15 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region 30 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad 25 min ago
- Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
25 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
30 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
15 min ago