Fire destroys Ricki Lake's beachfront home.
MALIBU, CALIFORNIA - September 20,2010 -- The actress and former talk show host escaped unharmed.
Authorities say Ricki Lake's beachfront rental home in Malibu has burned down.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials say deputies answering a 911 call Saturday found the 41-year-old actress and talk show host, her two sons and their dog standing safely outside.
Firefighters put out the blaze in 20 minutes, but the home was destroyed.
Sheriff's Lt. Rich Erickson tells the Los Angeles Times that a couch caught fire when Lake was refueling a portable heater.
The blaze shut down a stretch of the Pacific Coast Highway for 90 minutes.
Lake starred in the movie "Hairspray" and later hosted a daytime talk show.
She has recently become an advocate for home birth, co-writing a book and producing a film on the subject.
california, fire, ricki lake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore