Fire destroys Ricki Lake's beachfront home.
MALIBU, CALIFORNIA - September 20,2010 -- The actress and former talk show host escaped unharmed.
Authorities say Ricki Lake's beachfront rental home in Malibu has burned down.
Los Angeles County sheriff's officials say deputies answering a 911 call Saturday found the 41-year-old actress and talk show host, her two sons and their dog standing safely outside.
Firefighters put out the blaze in 20 minutes, but the home was destroyed.
Sheriff's Lt. Rich Erickson tells the Los Angeles Times that a couch caught fire when Lake was refueling a portable heater.
The blaze shut down a stretch of the Pacific Coast Highway for 90 minutes.
Lake starred in the movie "Hairspray" and later hosted a daytime talk show.
She has recently become an advocate for home birth, co-writing a book and producing a film on the subject.
california, fire, ricki lake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 39 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 31 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 14 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 15 min ago
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
42 min ago