Angelina Jolie picks Bosnian actress for lead role
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) - September 23, 2010 -- Angelina Jolie has chosen young Bosnian actress Zana Marjanovic for the lead role in her directorial debut - a wartime love story between a Bosnian woman and a Serbian man.
Marjanovic told the Associated Press on Thursday that the screenplay was "fabulous" and she could not wait to start shooting with such a "great actress and humanist" like Jolie.
The 27-year-old actress said she was on her way to Hungary to prepare for the film shoot beginning later this year and take place both in Hungary and Bosnia.
Jolie has visited Bosnia twice this year - as UNHCR good will ambassador and to scout for her movie - and had promised she would cast only actors from the region. Marjanovic became known after her prominent role in award winning "Snow" by Bosnian director Aida Begic.
angelina jolie, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 47 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden 24 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 48 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos