No defense witnesses to be called in Smith trial
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 23. 2010 -- Defense lawyers in the Anna Nicole Smith drug conspiracy trial say they will call no witnesses after the prosecution rests.
Lawyers for Smith's boyfriend Howard K. Stern and her two doctors said Thursday in Los Angeles they will rest their case with no testimony.
Stern's attorney says he will only enter a number of photographs as evidence.
Stern, Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, Dr. Khristine Eroshevich have pleaded not guilty to providing drugs to an addict and other charges. They are not charged in Smith's drug overdose death in 2007.
Prosecutor Renee Rose told the judge she was surprised by the development and would need time to prepare for closing arguments.
anna nicole smith, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Up to $50K stolen in Target armed robbery 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 44 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!