No defense witnesses to be called in Smith trial
LOS ANGELES (AP) - September 23. 2010 -- Defense lawyers in the Anna Nicole Smith drug conspiracy trial say they will call no witnesses after the prosecution rests.
Lawyers for Smith's boyfriend Howard K. Stern and her two doctors said Thursday in Los Angeles they will rest their case with no testimony.
Stern's attorney says he will only enter a number of photographs as evidence.
Stern, Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, Dr. Khristine Eroshevich have pleaded not guilty to providing drugs to an addict and other charges. They are not charged in Smith's drug overdose death in 2007.
Prosecutor Renee Rose told the judge she was surprised by the development and would need time to prepare for closing arguments.
anna nicole smith, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 33 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 44 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 54 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 54 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 41 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
33 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
44 min ago