Bristol Palin launches Facebook page
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - September 24, 2010 -- Following in her mother's footsteps, Bristol Palin has launched an official Facebook page. Among her first subjects: her role on "Dancing with the Stars."
The 19-year-old daughter of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin says the Tuesday launch is part of a new chapter in her life.
The single mother of a toddler son, Bristol Palin says she wanted to step out of her comfort zone to tell her story and advocate for the "pro-life and pro-family cause."
She says she is excited about her TV dancing role and says her dance partner, Mark Ballas, visited with her in Alaska this week.
Her mother, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee, also has an official Facebook page, using it to endorse conservative candidates and expound on her political views.
bristol palin, facebook, alaska, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 7 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 33 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 54 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
10 min ago