`Jersey' cast supports 'Situation' on 'Dancing'
LOS ANGELES - September 27, 2010 -- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino survived his first ballroom dance and he of the etched abs says he's determined to shine on "Dancing With the Stars" - especially with his "Jersey Shore" cast mates cheering him on.
The 28-year-old reality star made his debut on the hit ABC dance competition last week and landed in a three-way tie for last place with comedian Margaret Cho and actor David Hasselhoff. But he escaped elimination when Hasselhoff was ousted.
This week, he faces fellow survivors Jennifer Grey, Florence Henderson, Kyle Massey, Rick Fox, Kurt Warner, Brandy, Michael Bolton, Audrina Patridge and Bristol Palin.
"Jersey Shore" co-star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro says he wishes Sorrentino the best, but will only come to the "Dancing" ballroom "if they want to fly me out and pay for me to go."
Fellow cast mates Jenni "J-Woww" Farley, Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola and Paul "DJ Pauly D" DelVecchio, however, said they'd be happy to leave Jersey briefly to support their pal in person. But he better do well, they said.
Ortiz-Magro said he'd be willing to text in a vote for Sorrentino.
"I hope he just tries his hardest, and he doesn't embarrass himself," Ortiz-Magro said.
"Or us," Farley added.
dancing with the stars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school 19 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend