`Jersey' cast supports 'Situation' on 'Dancing'
LOS ANGELES - September 27, 2010 -- Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino survived his first ballroom dance and he of the etched abs says he's determined to shine on "Dancing With the Stars" - especially with his "Jersey Shore" cast mates cheering him on.
The 28-year-old reality star made his debut on the hit ABC dance competition last week and landed in a three-way tie for last place with comedian Margaret Cho and actor David Hasselhoff. But he escaped elimination when Hasselhoff was ousted.
This week, he faces fellow survivors Jennifer Grey, Florence Henderson, Kyle Massey, Rick Fox, Kurt Warner, Brandy, Michael Bolton, Audrina Patridge and Bristol Palin.
"Jersey Shore" co-star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro says he wishes Sorrentino the best, but will only come to the "Dancing" ballroom "if they want to fly me out and pay for me to go."
Fellow cast mates Jenni "J-Woww" Farley, Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola and Paul "DJ Pauly D" DelVecchio, however, said they'd be happy to leave Jersey briefly to support their pal in person. But he better do well, they said.
Ortiz-Magro said he'd be willing to text in a vote for Sorrentino.
"I hope he just tries his hardest, and he doesn't embarrass himself," Ortiz-Magro said.
"Or us," Farley added.
dancing with the stars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off 49 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- 10 more bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers 29 min ago
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody!
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police