Publicist: Lopez, wife ending 17-year marriage
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - September 28,2010 -- A publicist says George Lopez and his wife are ending their 17-year marriage.
A brief statement issued Monday by publicist Ina Treciokas says the comedian and his wife Ann came to the decision together and the breakup will be amicable.
It did not offer further details, other than to say the pair would remain business partners in a charitable foundation.
Court records did not indicate the couple had filed a petition for divorce or legal separation.
The 49-year-old comedian hosts the late-night talk show "Lopez Tonight" on TBS.
Ann Lopez donated a kidney to her husband in 2005.
The pair have a teenage daughter.
The split was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.com.
hollywood, divorce, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 57 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club 42 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila....
42 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
17 min ago