Alaska checking Bristol Palin's bar stop
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - September 28, 2010 -- A state investigator is apparently checking whether it was legal for "Dancing with the Stars" contestant Bristol Palin to be in a downtown Anchorage establishment while dancing partner Mark Ballas performed.
The question is Palin's age, 19. She could only legally be in Rumrunners Old Towne Bar and Grill last Friday if accompanied by a parent, spouse or legal guardian over 21. State law also would allow her to be there if it's been designated as a bona fide restaurant, and she was there only to eat.
The Alaska Dispatch reported Tuesday that a state Alcohol and Control Board investigator visited their office, asking for copies of raw video shot at Ballas' performance. The request was denied.
An Alaska Department of Public Safety spokeswoman said they never discuss investigations unless someone is charged.
bristol palin, dancing with the stars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 19 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 30 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 40 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 27 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 26 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 43 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 17 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
43 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
19 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
30 min ago