Howard Stern has bedbugs
NEW YORK (AP) - September 29, 2010 -- The office where shock jock Howard Stern airs his show has joined the ever-growing list of New York City buildings hit by bedbugs.
Stern said on his Sirius XM Radio show that the building was treated over the weekend and was 100 percent bedbug free on Monday.
He said his limousine also had to be fumigated after dogs sniffed out the bloodsuckers there.
The pests have been discovered in theaters, clothing stores, office buildings, housing projects and posh apartments throughout the New York City, and a resurgence of bedbugs is being seen across the U.S.
Pest control workers have called New York City the epicenter for the outbreak. The city has a plan to fight the spreading infestation, including a public-awareness campaign and a top entomologist to head the effort.
howard stern, bedbugs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 36 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 3 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...