Attorney: Bristol Palin only ate at Alaska bar
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - September 29, 2010 -- A Palin family attorney is defending as legal Bristol Palin's appearance at an Anchorage establishment where her "Dancing with the Stars" partner Mark Ballas performed.
The Alaska Dispatch newspaper had reported that a state Alcohol and Control Board investigator visited its office, asking for copies of raw video shot during the performance at Rumrunners Old Towne Bar and Grill last week.
Palin is 19 and could only legally be in the establishment if accompanied by a parent, spouse or legal guardian over 21. State law also would allow her to be there if it's been designated as a bona fide restaurant, and she was there only to eat.
Attorney Thomas Van Flein says Palin was with two people over 21, ate food and did not consume any alcohol. She told him she left by about 10 p.m.
bristol palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 29 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 37 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash 8 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
8 min ago