Attorney: Bristol Palin only ate at Alaska bar
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - September 29, 2010 -- A Palin family attorney is defending as legal Bristol Palin's appearance at an Anchorage establishment where her "Dancing with the Stars" partner Mark Ballas performed.
The Alaska Dispatch newspaper had reported that a state Alcohol and Control Board investigator visited its office, asking for copies of raw video shot during the performance at Rumrunners Old Towne Bar and Grill last week.
Palin is 19 and could only legally be in the establishment if accompanied by a parent, spouse or legal guardian over 21. State law also would allow her to be there if it's been designated as a bona fide restaurant, and she was there only to eat.
Attorney Thomas Van Flein says Palin was with two people over 21, ate food and did not consume any alcohol. She told him she left by about 10 p.m.
bristol palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 1 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River 9 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!