Attorney: Bristol Palin only ate at Alaska bar
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - September 29, 2010 -- A Palin family attorney is defending as legal Bristol Palin's appearance at an Anchorage establishment where her "Dancing with the Stars" partner Mark Ballas performed.
The Alaska Dispatch newspaper had reported that a state Alcohol and Control Board investigator visited its office, asking for copies of raw video shot during the performance at Rumrunners Old Towne Bar and Grill last week.
Palin is 19 and could only legally be in the establishment if accompanied by a parent, spouse or legal guardian over 21. State law also would allow her to be there if it's been designated as a bona fide restaurant, and she was there only to eat.
Attorney Thomas Van Flein says Palin was with two people over 21, ate food and did not consume any alcohol. She told him she left by about 10 p.m.
bristol palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 54 min ago