Whoopi Goldberg coping after mother's death
NEW YORK (AP) -September 29, 2010 -- Whoopi Goldberg says she channels her grief from her mother's death last month by staying busy.
The co-host of "The View" attended the New York launch party Wednesday for purewow.com, a website with daily tips for women 35 and over. She is an investor.
Asked how she's handling her mother's death, Goldberg said, "I'm here, but it's not easy."
Her mother, Emma Johnson, died from complications following a stroke.
Goldberg had been doing a limited stint as Mother Superior in the London version of "Sister Act" and immediately returned to the U.S.
"Sister Act" moves to Broadway this season with an opening planned for Spring 2011. Goldberg is also one of the show's producers but says she has no plans to reprise her role.
whoopi goldberg, the view, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 18 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
52 min ago