Whoopi Goldberg coping after mother's death
NEW YORK (AP) -September 29, 2010 -- Whoopi Goldberg says she channels her grief from her mother's death last month by staying busy.
The co-host of "The View" attended the New York launch party Wednesday for purewow.com, a website with daily tips for women 35 and over. She is an investor.
Asked how she's handling her mother's death, Goldberg said, "I'm here, but it's not easy."
Her mother, Emma Johnson, died from complications following a stroke.
Goldberg had been doing a limited stint as Mother Superior in the London version of "Sister Act" and immediately returned to the U.S.
"Sister Act" moves to Broadway this season with an opening planned for Spring 2011. Goldberg is also one of the show's producers but says she has no plans to reprise her role.
whoopi goldberg, the view, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered
- Winds Ease Overnight 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera 22 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school 24 min ago
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
18 min ago