Whoopi Goldberg coping after mother's death
NEW YORK (AP) -September 29, 2010 -- Whoopi Goldberg says she channels her grief from her mother's death last month by staying busy.
The co-host of "The View" attended the New York launch party Wednesday for purewow.com, a website with daily tips for women 35 and over. She is an investor.
Asked how she's handling her mother's death, Goldberg said, "I'm here, but it's not easy."
Her mother, Emma Johnson, died from complications following a stroke.
Goldberg had been doing a limited stint as Mother Superior in the London version of "Sister Act" and immediately returned to the U.S.
"Sister Act" moves to Broadway this season with an opening planned for Spring 2011. Goldberg is also one of the show's producers but says she has no plans to reprise her role.
whoopi goldberg, the view, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 13 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia 24 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 34 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 34 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond 21 min ago
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall...
13 min ago
- Police investigate tire slashings in South...
24 min ago