CBS Radio News correspondent arrested on marijuana charge
WASHINGTON (AP) - October 2, 2010 -- CBS Radio News correspondent Howard Arenstein has been arrested on marijuana charges in Washington.
D.C. police spokesman Lt. Nicholas Breul said Arenstein and his wife were arrested early Saturday and charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana.
Breul says vice units had received a complaint of marijuana growing in the couple's backyard. Police then obtained a search warrant for the home in northwest D.C.
Breul says officers found large, mature cannabis plants, standing more than 8 feet high. In addition, they found packaged marijuana inside the home.
According to the CBS News website, Arenstein serves as radio bureau manager for CBS News, Washington.
A CBS News spokeswoman declined to comment.
cbs, marijuana, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 30 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 37 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ