Clip: Meat made O'Donnell avoid being Hare Krishna
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - October 2, 2010 -- Delaware Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell once told a TV interviewer that she tried several religions but skipped becoming a Hare Krishna because she didn't want to be vegetarian.
Bill Maher aired the clip of that July 9, 1999, interview with O'Donnell on Friday night on his show "Real Time with Bill Maher." The short clip was from an interview on the comedian's former show "Politically Incorrect."
O'Donnell tells Maher that she had dabbled in "every other kind of religion," including witchcraft and Buddhism, before becoming a Christian.
With a laugh, she said: "I would have become a Hare Krishna, but I didn't want to become a vegetarian. And that is honestly the reason why, because I'm Italian and I love meatballs."
It's the third clip of O'Donnell that Maher has shown since she won her state's GOP primary last month.
Reached by phone, O'Donnell campaign spokesman Chris Merola had no immediate comment.
christine o'donnell, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)