Gibson's ex says she feared for life after fight
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 6, 2010 -- Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva says she feared for her life and thought the Academy Award winner might kill her during a fight earlier this year.
The 40-year-old musician also tells People magazine in a story published Wednesday that she did not leak audio purportedly of Gibson in a series of racist and misogynistic rants.
Grigorieva offers her account of a January argument during which she claims Gibson hit and choked her. She didn't report the alleged abuse until months later, and a potential case against the actor-director has been turned over to prosecutors.
Authorities also are investigating Grigorieva for alleged extortion.
The former couple have been locked in a bitter custody battle over their infant daughter.
mel gibson, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 1 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
2 min ago
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos