Rapper Beanie Sigel charged in Pa. with tax fraud
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - October 6, 2010 -- Rapper Beanie Sigel is facing criminal charges for alleged tax fraud.
Federal prosecutors in Philadelphia say the entertainer born Dwight Grant made $1.5 million from 2002 to 2004, but filed no tax returns.
Sigel has served time on drug and weapons charges, and for prescription drug use while on federal probation. But he has also led anti-violence rallies in his hometown and spoken to high school students about life choices.
Sigel's albums include "The Truth," "The B. Coming" and "The Solution."
The tax charges come in a federal information filed Tuesday. That typically indicates a defendant's cooperation. Sigel's lawyer did not immediately return a call for comment.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 15 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
15 min ago