Fired CNN host Sanchez apologizes to Jon Stewart
NEW YORK (AP) - October 6, 2010 -- Fired CNN host Rick Sanchez has apologized to Jon Stewart and anyone else he offended with what he calls "inartful comments" he made during a radio interview.
Sanchez issued a blanket statement Wednesday, five days after he was fired from CNN for his remarks, including branding Stewart a bigot and questioning whether Jews should be considered a minority.
In Sanchez's statement, he said he had had a "very good conversation" on Monday with Stewart, who anchors the satirical "Daily Show" on Comedy Central.
Sanchez also says he has highest regards for CNN, his employer for six years.
Comedy Central declined to confirm Wednesday whether Stewart and Sanchez have spoken since Sanchez's radio outbursts last week.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 16 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 31 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 52 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
31 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
16 min ago
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos