Justin Timberlake prefers vinyl to MP3s
BERLIN (AP) - October 7, 2010 -- Justin Timberlake says he thinks vinyl records sound better than digitalized tunes.
The 29-year-old pop musician and actor told German newspaper Frankfurter Rundschau on Thursday that he loves putting on records featuring oldies from the Beach Boys and early Beatles, claiming they "sound warmer" and "more vintage" than digital versions.
Still, the singer acknowledges that MP3files are handy for selling his own songs online.
Timberlake currently stars as Napster founder Sean Parker in "The Social Network," a biopic about Facebook creator Mark Zuckerburg. Napster clashed with the music industry over illegal sharing of music files. But Timberlake expressed sympathy for his character, saying he believes Parker really didn't harm the record labels.
justin timberlake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 39 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila. 24 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 8 min ago
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 32 min ago
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL] 28 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman...
32 min ago
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
28 min ago