Justin Timberlake prefers vinyl to MP3s
BERLIN (AP) - October 7, 2010 -- Justin Timberlake says he thinks vinyl records sound better than digitalized tunes.
The 29-year-old pop musician and actor told German newspaper Frankfurter Rundschau on Thursday that he loves putting on records featuring oldies from the Beach Boys and early Beatles, claiming they "sound warmer" and "more vintage" than digital versions.
Still, the singer acknowledges that MP3files are handy for selling his own songs online.
Timberlake currently stars as Napster founder Sean Parker in "The Social Network," a biopic about Facebook creator Mark Zuckerburg. Napster clashed with the music industry over illegal sharing of music files. But Timberlake expressed sympathy for his character, saying he believes Parker really didn't harm the record labels.
justin timberlake, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ