Prince Harry film sparks tabloid reactions
LONDON (AP) - October 7, 2010 -- British tabloids have expressed outrage over a new documentary-style film that imagines what would happen if Prince Harry was taken hostage by the Taliban.
"The Taking of Prince Harry" depicts the prince, played by actor Sebastian Reid, serving in the military in Afghanistan and being kidnapped by insurgents.
Twenty-six-year-old Harry has already served as a military officer in Afghanistan and has made public his desire to return for another tour. He served as a forward air controller in 2007.
The Sun tabloid featured the headline "Fury at Harry 'traitor' drama" on Thursday.
A spokeswoman at Channel 4, which produced the mock documentary, says there is nothing in the program "that would compromise Harry or any other serving member of the armed forces' safety."
prince harry, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Wintry Weekend 36 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary 52 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Wintry Weekend
36 min ago