Prince Harry film sparks tabloid reactions
LONDON (AP) - October 7, 2010 -- British tabloids have expressed outrage over a new documentary-style film that imagines what would happen if Prince Harry was taken hostage by the Taliban.
"The Taking of Prince Harry" depicts the prince, played by actor Sebastian Reid, serving in the military in Afghanistan and being kidnapped by insurgents.
Twenty-six-year-old Harry has already served as a military officer in Afghanistan and has made public his desire to return for another tour. He served as a forward air controller in 2007.
The Sun tabloid featured the headline "Fury at Harry 'traitor' drama" on Thursday.
A spokeswoman at Channel 4, which produced the mock documentary, says there is nothing in the program "that would compromise Harry or any other serving member of the armed forces' safety."
prince harry, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 6 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash 51 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 41 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 27 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 8 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
49 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
51 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
41 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
27 min ago