Report: Illegal labor worked at Lou Dobbs' homes
NEW YORK (AP) - October 7, 2010 -- The Nation magazine is reporting that former CNN anchor Lou Dobbs relied on illegal immigrants to help maintain his homes even as he spoke out on the air against them.
The Nation said the article, published online Thursday, is based on a yearlong investigation including interviews with five immigrants who worked without papers on Dobbs' properties in New Jersey and Florida.
Dobbs said in an interview Thursday the article is "a political assault" based on what he called "the lie" that he has hired illegal immigrants. He says: "I have never, do not now, and never will."
Dobbs was host of a weeknight news and commentary hour on CNN until abruptly resigning last November after 29 years with the network. He continues to host a syndicated radio show.
nbc, new york, illegal aliens, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 24 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 39 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 25 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
42 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
39 min ago
- Police: Camden Man robbed 5 banks in 1 month
40 min ago
- Person, cat rescued from New Castle fire
41 min ago