Jay Leno drops by Palin hometown to visit troops
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - October 10, 2010 -- Late night talk show host Jay Leno dropped by Sarah Palin's hometown to help open an Air Force Reserve recruiting office.
The host of "The Tonight Show" was in Alaska to perform a show Saturday at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage.
He also helped cut a ribbon for the opening of an Air Force Reserve recruiting office in Wasilla, the home of Palin, the former Alaska governor and GOP vice presidential nominee.
KTUU-TV reports Leno shook hands with fans and inspected several vehicles driven to the event, including a small truck rebuilt to resemble a giant Radio Flyer red wagon.
Leno thanked new recruits who were sworn in during the grand opening.
jay leno, sarah palin, alaska, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 15 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide 15 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall 24 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
15 min ago
- TONIGHT at 11: How the right bra can make...
4 min ago