Jay Leno drops by Palin hometown to visit troops
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - October 10, 2010 -- Late night talk show host Jay Leno dropped by Sarah Palin's hometown to help open an Air Force Reserve recruiting office.
The host of "The Tonight Show" was in Alaska to perform a show Saturday at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage.
He also helped cut a ribbon for the opening of an Air Force Reserve recruiting office in Wasilla, the home of Palin, the former Alaska governor and GOP vice presidential nominee.
KTUU-TV reports Leno shook hands with fans and inspected several vehicles driven to the event, including a small truck rebuilt to resemble a giant Radio Flyer red wagon.
Leno thanked new recruits who were sworn in during the grand opening.
jay leno, sarah palin, alaska, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 34 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 1 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 1 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
34 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
18 min ago