For Clooney, meeting presidents is a family thing
WASHINGTON (AP) - - October 13, 2010 -- Actor George Clooney says he still gets a thrill when he meets with President Barack Obama - but to his father that kind of thing is old hat.
Clooney and Obama met on Tuesday to discuss ways of averting a potential civil war in Sudan. They've had similar meetings in the past. The first time, Clooney had a photo of him and the president enlarged and sent to his father, journalist Nick Clooney, saying, "Not bad for a kid from Kentucky."
Clooney told the Associated Press, "My Dad sent me back a picture of him in the Oval Office interviewing Gerald Ford and he's like, you know, 'Stand in line, pal!"'
Clooney seemed at home speaking with the president and other Washington officials this week, but said he has no interest in running for office himself.
george clooney, president barack obama, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 27 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 13 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's