For Clooney, meeting presidents is a family thing
WASHINGTON (AP) - - October 13, 2010 -- Actor George Clooney says he still gets a thrill when he meets with President Barack Obama - but to his father that kind of thing is old hat.
Clooney and Obama met on Tuesday to discuss ways of averting a potential civil war in Sudan. They've had similar meetings in the past. The first time, Clooney had a photo of him and the president enlarged and sent to his father, journalist Nick Clooney, saying, "Not bad for a kid from Kentucky."
Clooney told the Associated Press, "My Dad sent me back a picture of him in the Oval Office interviewing Gerald Ford and he's like, you know, 'Stand in line, pal!"'
Clooney seemed at home speaking with the president and other Washington officials this week, but said he has no interest in running for office himself.
george clooney, president barack obama, washington, d.c., entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 46 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 45 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif. 10 min ago
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 26 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
34 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
27 min ago