Jonas Brothers cancel Mexico show due to violence
MEXICO CITY (AP) - October 13, 2010 -- Disney stars the Jonas Brothers have canceled a concert scheduled in the Mexican city of Monterrey because of security concerns.
Concert promoter Live Nation says the Oct. 21 concert was canceled due to "a series of unfortunate events" in Monterrey and out of concern for fans.
Monterrey is Mexico's richest city and long one of its safest, but a wave of drug violence has shocked residents. More than 400 people have been killed this year in the state of Nuevo Leon, where Monterrey is located.
Jonas Brothers fan Dharyus Ledezma begged the trio on their Facebook page to announce a new concert date soon. The Monterrey resident said she had been looking forward to seeing them since the show was announced five months ago.
jonas brothers, mexico, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 11 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 38 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
11 min ago