Academy says no big change for 2012 Oscar date
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - October 14, 2010 -- The 2012 Oscars will not be weeks earlier than usual, as had been speculated - a move that would have upended Hollywood's crowded awards season.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said in a statement late Wednesday that its Board of Governors had determined the date of the 84th Academy Awards "will not be significantly earlier than the now-traditional last Sunday in February."
But the statement left open the possibility of an earlier Oscar date in subsequent years, saying "the Academy's staff and Board will continue to evaluate the advantages and challenges associated with such a change."
The exact date of the 2012 Oscar ceremony has yet to be chosen. The 2011 Academy Awards show is set for Sunday, Feb. 27, at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 15 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 22 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
46 min ago