'Office' star sees Danny McBride replacing Carell
NEW YORK (AP) - October 15, 2010 -- B.J. Novak has a wish for a replacement for 'Office' cast mate Steve Carell, who's leaving after this season.
Novak says he's "always been a big believer" in "Eastbound and Down" actor Danny McBride but doesn't know if the show will be able to get him.
"Eastbound and Down" is in its second season on HBO.
Novak also feels the show can go on without a replacement for Carell.
He says that "the greatest accomplishment we could have, the biggest success story we could have if Steve were to leave 'The Office' and we were as good as ever."
Novak plays Ryan Howard on the show. Credited with writing 12 episodes, he has been with the show for its entire run. "The Office" is in its seventh season.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 4 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 37 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 4 min ago
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport