'Office' star sees Danny McBride replacing Carell
NEW YORK (AP) - October 15, 2010 -- B.J. Novak has a wish for a replacement for 'Office' cast mate Steve Carell, who's leaving after this season.
Novak says he's "always been a big believer" in "Eastbound and Down" actor Danny McBride but doesn't know if the show will be able to get him.
"Eastbound and Down" is in its second season on HBO.
Novak also feels the show can go on without a replacement for Carell.
He says that "the greatest accomplishment we could have, the biggest success story we could have if Steve were to leave 'The Office' and we were as good as ever."
Novak plays Ryan Howard on the show. Credited with writing 12 episodes, he has been with the show for its entire run. "The Office" is in its seventh season.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 10 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 16 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
28 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
10 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos