NYC's Lincoln Center says a 2nd venue has bedbugs
NEW YORK (AP) - October 15, 2010 -- It's nothing to sing about. Lincoln Center says it has detected bedbugs at the complex's opera house.
But there's some good news: they're not in any public areas.
New York City's pre-eminent performing arts center had earlier reported that the pesky bugs were detected in a dressing room of its David H. Koch Theater. That's the home of the New York City Ballet and the New York City Opera.
That led the Metropolitan Opera to conduct a check. It found bedbugs in some isolated areas but not in any public areas.
The Met says that there's no infestation and that the areas were being treated Friday.
Bedbugs have been discovered in clothing stores, office buildings, housing projects and posh apartments throughout the city.
new york, bedbugs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 48 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?