NYC's Lincoln Center says a 2nd venue has bedbugs
NEW YORK (AP) - October 15, 2010 -- It's nothing to sing about. Lincoln Center says it has detected bedbugs at the complex's opera house.
But there's some good news: they're not in any public areas.
New York City's pre-eminent performing arts center had earlier reported that the pesky bugs were detected in a dressing room of its David H. Koch Theater. That's the home of the New York City Ballet and the New York City Opera.
That led the Metropolitan Opera to conduct a check. It found bedbugs in some isolated areas but not in any public areas.
The Met says that there's no infestation and that the areas were being treated Friday.
Bedbugs have been discovered in clothing stores, office buildings, housing projects and posh apartments throughout the city.
new york, bedbugs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 57 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 11 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 4 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act