Anna Nicole Smith jury deliberations to resume
LOS ANGELES (AP) -October 19, 2010 -- Jurors in the Anna Nicole Smith drug conspiracy trial are set to resume deliberations Tuesday.
The panel began their second week of talks Monday. The six women and six men spent the day closeted in their jury room and asked no questions.
They heard nine weeks of testimony and arguments in the case of Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, Dr. Khristine Eroshevich and Howard K. Stern who are accused of providing Smith with excessive prescription medications while knowing she was an addict.
They must decide a total of 21 charges against the trio.
The defendants have pleaded not guilty. Their lawyers say the former Playboy model was not an addict and they were trying to help her find relief from chronic pain. They are not charged in Smith's 2007 overdose death.
anna nicole smith, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos